CEO Apple Steve Jobs formally introduced its latest-generation iPhone to the audience, at the Worldwide Developers Confrence(WWDC) event that was held in San Francisco. About four to four times this iPhone theme. Yes, this phone has the ability four times more slender, four times more sharply, and four times faster than the previous iPhone.
The most significant changes, seen from the shape of this body the iPhone 4. Jobs claimed that the newest products, is the thinnest smart phones available in the world today.
MacWorld explained, Tuesday (06/08/2010, screen resolution also becomes a transformation on this iPhone. Yes, with a much more sharply, iPhone 4 can record and play video with high definition quality. The following fundamental changes in iPhone:
Apple said the iPhone 4 said thickness of 9.3mm, or 24 percent thinner than the iPhone 3GS. In addition, they also include a new camera with LED flash and black, the camera is also present in front of and behind the phone.
There is a new volume buttons, mute button, and also added a second microphone over to turn off the sound that is considered necessary. Just as the iPad, the iPhone uses four micro-SIM, which means users Haris cut the old sim card to be put into the phone
Apple also has arranged the three-antenna integrated into the design: one for Bluetooth, one for the WI-Fi and GPS, and one for UMTS and GSM.
A sharper screen
A new screen technology called retinal screen adds greater precision to the iPhone. This phone has a density of 326 pixels per inch resolution, it was two-fold higher than the iPhone 3GS only 163 pixels per inch resolution.
New display is a 3.5-inch diagonal screen with a resolution of 960x640 pixels, or have four times more pixels than previous models. 800:1 contrast ratio and also four times from iPhone 3GS. Using the same technology with iPad IPS screen and an iMac for color, brightness, and perspective that is much better.
A4-chipprocessors in the iPhone is the smallest and has good power management. Moreover, Apple designed the micro-SIM to save space, mostly for a new battery which, combined with a new chip to power 40 percent longer battery. The company says talk time, up from 5 hours to 7 hours, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours standby time.
Material iPhone use mercury-free BFRs, PVC-free, and made of material that is very easy to recycle.
It comes in 32GB storage size (similar to the iPhone 3GS) and include quad-band HSPDPA / HSUPA network with a maximum of 7.2Mbps down and 5.8 Mbps.
If during this and previous generations iPhone 3GS uses only accelerometer, gyroscope sensor add Apple on the iPhone 4. So the iPhone 4 will be able to detect three-axis movement.
New camera system
four new iPhone has a camera with a resolution of 5 megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom and LED flash. He also adds 720p HD video capture at 30 frames per second. In addition Apple has made iMovie application that can do video editing to the iPhone.
With the application, you can record or edit your video (and also add a photo). You can add a title, the theme of change, and use music from your iTunes library. iMovie for iPhone will be available for $ 5.
With two cameras in front and behind, this application appears so that users can conduct conversations via video. Video chat can be done between iPhone 4 which are both connected to the internet via Wifi.
Price iPhone 4
iPhone 4 will be sold starting price range of USD 199 for the 16GB capacity. While the 32GB version will be sold at around USD 299. Price is certainly valid in the United States with certain requirements, including a contract with AT & T. Now, due to this price, the phone was the iPhone 3GS 'falling down' into the range of USD 99.
Initially, the iPhone 4 will be available in five countries: the United States, France, Germany, England and Japan. In July, the number of countries will increase to around 18's.
Detail Specs iPhone 4:
- Colors: Black or White
- Height: 4.5 inches
- Width: 2.31 inches
- Thin: 0.37 inches
- Weight: 137 grams
- 16GB or 32 GB
- Retina Display
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 960 x 640 pixel resolution, with 326 ppi
- Contrast Ratio 800:1
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on the front and rear
- Supports multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Camera, Photo, Video:
- HD Video Recording (720p) up to 30 fps
- 5MP Camera
- VGA front camera with 30 fps
- LED flash
- Geotagging feature on the photo and video
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Audio formats: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX +), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
TV and Video:
- Video formats: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, the Main Profile level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48KHz, stereo audio in. M4v,. Mp4, and. Mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48KHz, stereo audio in. m4v,. mp4, and. mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in. avi file format
- Supports resolution of 1024x768 pixels, with a dock connector to VGA for 576p and 480p.
Cellular and Wireless:
- UMTS / HSDPA / HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- GSM / EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4GHz 802.11n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
- Digital compass
Batteries and Power:
- Lithium-ion batteries that can be in charge
- USB Power via the PC / Mac
- Talk time up to 7 hours (3G), up to 14 hours (2G)
- Standby time: 300 hours
- Internet usage is up to 6 hours (3G), up to 10 hours (WiFi)
- Video Recording: up to 10 hours
- Audio recording: up to 40 hours