LG Encore Phone (AT&T), The 3G-enabled LG Encore for AT&T is a great choice for those looking for an affordable, compact touchscreen phone to handle voice, messaging and entertainment needs. It's easy to navigate the touch interface of the Encore, and it offers a full virtual QWERTY keyboard for fast typing. The Encore comes preloaded with AT&T Social Net application, so it's easy to stay social on the go, with Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace all together in one easy application.Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call.
Other features include a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (up to 32 GB), music player, access to personal e-mail and instant messaging services, Web browser, and up to 3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- 3-inch touchscreen display (400 x 240 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with predictive text for fast typing
- 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with 2x digital zoom
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+ formats
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Access to personal e-mail (AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!, and Windows Live)
- Web browser
- Hands-free speakerphone
- USB connectivity
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and more
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- TTY/TTD compatible
The LG Encore weighs 3.7 ounces and measures 4.17 x 2.10 x 0.47 inches. Its 950 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
Product Features and Technical Details
- Affordable, sleek touchscreen phone with virtual QWERTY keyboard and pre-loaded social networking apps
- Compatible with AT&T Video Share, AT&T Mobile Music, and AT&T Navigator GPS turn-by-turn directions
- 3-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; access to personal e-mail and instant messaging
- Up to 3 hours of talk time, up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time; released in September, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
- Size (LWH): 4.25 inches, 2.16 inches, 0.51 inches
- Weight: 3.68 ounces
- Network Compatibility: UMTS
- Phone Book Capacity: 100 Entries
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 150 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 144 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.
AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal.
AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.