Pantech Ease Phone, Blue (AT&T), Delivering a streamlined mobile experience, the Pantech Ease quick messaging phone for AT&T features a 3.2-inch touch-enabled display, slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, and an intuitive menu system for a straightforward user experience. It's an ideal phone for seniors with its large on-screen font size, well-spaced backlit buttons, and a Pill Reminder to alert you when to take medications. The phone defaults to an Easy Mode for a streamlined communications experience, and it can be switched to the Advanced Mode for a more traditional quick messaging user experience with a quick settings change.The Ease comes with a number of specialized apps, including a Pedometer to track your steps (and see up to a seven-day history), a Readout mode that audibly announces callers, text message senders and reads out text message text, and Voice Mode that allows you to dictate a message instead of typing it.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call.
With the free AT&T Address Book service, you can sync your contacts to an online address book, enabling you to access and manage your mobile contacts from your handset--or your PC. From the online interface, you can import contacts from other Web-based address books, such as personal e-mail accounts, as well as send text messages to your contacts' mobile numbers.
Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, access to personal e-mail and instant messaging services, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- 3.2-inch full capacitive touchscreen display (240 x 320 pixels; 262K color depth)
- Highly visible large font that can increase or minimize with either touch or physical zoom in or out keys.
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Well spaced, backlit buttons respond with a tactile click when pressed, and remain illuminated while in use. Specialized buttons such as the Quick Contact key provide easy access to top 3 contacts and voicemail and the "Say A Command" key allows you to make a call, start a text or open an application with your voice.
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 7x digital zoom
- Music player (available in Advanced Mode)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Access to personal e-mail (AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!, and Windows Live)
- AT&T Social Net social networking app enables you to view and manage all your social networking connections and updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, calculator, tip calculator
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T4
The Pantech Ease weighs 3.5 ounces and measures 4.48 x 2.28 x 0.56 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.
AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.
Product Features and Technical Details
- 3G-enabled quick messaging phone with 3.2-inch touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and streamlined Easy Mode interface
- Compatible with AT&T Video Share, AT&T Mobile Music, and AT&T Navigator GPS turn-by-turn directions
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; access to personal e-mail and instant messaging services
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time; released in August, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- Size (LWH): 4.19 inches, 2.04 inches, 0.7 inches
- Weight: 4.48 ounces
- Network Compatibility: UMTS
- Phone Book Capacity: 100 Entries
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 150 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 144 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
What's in the Box
Pantech Ease handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual