LG Quantum Windows Phone (AT&T) designed for work, play, and everything in between, the LG Quantum is one of the world's first smartphones using the Windows Phone 7 operating system. It gives you the productivity of Office Mobile and Bing, plus the fun of Xbox LIVE and Zune. With a slide-out keyboard for quick use of Office Mobile, you can stay active and up to date with work. The LG Quantum also features DLNA technology through a preloaded application called "Play To," which allows you to wirelessly stream videos, music, and pictures from the phone to a DLNA-enabled TV, stereo, Windows 7 PC, and other consumer electronics devices.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPA network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail, or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call.
It's powered by a blazing-fast Qualcomm 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience. It also sports a 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and HD 720p video recording, 16 GB of memory, Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, an FM radio, and up to six hours of talk time.
The Power of Windows Phone 7
The Windows Phone 7 operating system has been carefully crafted to help you get more done in fewer steps with a unique Hub and Tile interface. Instead of the common icon displays on the screen, Windows Phone 7 uses Live Tiles, which allow you to find out what's going on, what's happening next, and what you've missed without having to open an application.
Hubs bring together a related set of applications, services, and content in a single view to simplify common tasks. Your contacts, music, games, and work can be shared, synced, and accessed virtually wherever you happen to be. Windows Phone 7 also integrates with many popular Microsoft services such as Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, Bing, and Zune.
Live Tiles on the start screen dynamically update, so there is no need to open an app, and you decide which Tiles you want and where you want them. The Start screen includes the People Hub, which constantly refreshes with status updates from your favorite friends. The Me Tile lets you update all your social media sites, like Facebook--just type once and post everywhere with ease. Other Tiles allow you to quickly see new e-mails arrive in your inbox, play games via Xbox LIVE, and access recent photos and albums to view as well share with others. Swipe up to view more Tiles like music, Office, and more.
In addition to Internet Explorer 8 for full HTML Web browsing, the LG Quantum also includes fully integrated Microsoft Exchange e-mail and calendar as well as the Office Hub, which offers mobile versions of popular productivity programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft OneNote Mobile, and SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
With Windows Phone 7 you can stay on top of your inbox and quickly cut through the clutter to see only unread, urgent, or flagged messages. Move or delete messages in bulk, and respond to meeting invites right from your inbox with Outlook Mobile. Streamlined account setup works with Windows Live, Google, Yahoo!, and other popular providers. Windows Phone 7 also combines your work and personal calendars in a single, color-coded view, making it easier to spot conflicts and manage your life.
Microsoft Office Mobile is another reason you won't miss your PC when you're away from your desk. Windows Phone 7 has mobile versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on hand for reviewing or editing on the go. Notes in OneNote Mobile--grocery lists, meeting memos, spontaneous musings--can sync wirelessly to the Web and include voice clips and pictures. SharePoint Workspace Mobile makes it easier to collaborate with your coworkers when you're out and about.
You'll also be able to personalize your phone with the Marketplace Hub. Read reviews, check out ratings, and test out content before you buy.
Entertainment To Go
With the LG Quantum, you can access your favorite music and games thanks to Windows Phone 7's tight integration with Microsoft entertainment services:
Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of games and fun, connecting you to a global community of more than 25 million active Xbox LIVE members and offering easy access to Xbox LIVE features such as Friends, Avatars, Achievements, Messaging, and more.
Zune for loading your favorite media--music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts--and taking it wherever. With a Zune Pass subscription, stream millions of songs right to your phone--no need for extra memory.
Additionally, each new Windows Phone from AT&T will include AT&T U-verse Mobile, an app that allows you to download and watch hit shows on your smartphone. U-verse TV subscribers with certain packages will be able to download and watch hit TV shows for no extra charge, and all U-verse TV customers can also schedule and manage their DVR recordings from the app. For the first time, U-verse Mobile will be available nationwide--even to those who are not U-verse TV customers--for just $9.99 per month. Subscribers can access the full content library, select which series or specific episode to download over Wi-Fi, and view on the go wherever they have their Windows Phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Digital compass sensor
- 3.5-inch touchscreen display (480 x 800 pixels) with proximity and light sensors
- Slide-out full QWERTY physical keyboard
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash gives you a brighter light source for taking photos in less-than-ideal lighting situations. Also includes Intelligent Shot, which lets you take the perfect photo without having to adjust camera settings, and Panoramic Mode for stitching together a full 360-degree landscape scene.
- HD video capture capabilities (720p)
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ music formats, and MPEG4, H.264, and WMV video.
- FM radio
- Play To: DLNA technology lets you transfer videos and photos to networked computers and TVs.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 16 GB internal memory
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- MicroUSB port (2.0)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
The LG Quantum weighs 6.21 ounces and measures 4.7 x 2.34 x 0.6 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to six hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&aT's dual-band network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA/UMTS) plus international networks (2100 MHz).
High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.
- 3G-enabled Windows Phone 7 smartphone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Windows Phone 7 OS provides easy access to social networking, personal/corporate e-mail, office apps, Xbox LIVE games, streaming media, and more
- 5-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture;16 GB internal memory;Wi-Fi networking;Bluetooth stereo music; GPS for navigation and location services
- Up to 6 hours of talk time, up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time; released in November, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, stereo headset, quick start guide
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 2 x 0.7 inches ; 6.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B0047T74VI
- Item model number: Quantum
What's in the Box
LG Quantum handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, stereo headset, quick start guide