Sprint PCS Franklin U680 USB Data Card for Sprint, Stay connected to your business as well as online friends and family via the high-speed Sprint Mobile Broadband Network with the Franklin U680 ExpressCard modem. Its unique swiveling USB connector plugs into your PC laptop's USB port and the onboard flash memory includes application and driver software for PC, Mac and Linux users, making it quick and easy to get up and running on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network. The swiveling USB connector allows the modem to be raised vertically for better radio frequency performance or folded away when not in use. In addition to email and Internet access, the U680 offers GPS support, enabling the use of location search and common navigational software tools on a notebook computer via Sprint SmartView.
The U680 modem is optimized for Sprint's Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revolution A (Rev. A) network, which provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits and average upload speeds of 350 to 500 kbps. When connecting within a Rev. A coverage area, the U680 can download a 1 MB email attachment in about 8 seconds and upload the same-sized file in less than 13 seconds.
Mobile users can access:
- E-mail with large attachments
- Corporate Intranet and Internet
- Digital imaging
- Location-based applications
- Video/audio streaming
- Rich messaging
- Bandwidth intensive applications for sales and customer service
Other features include:
- Sprint's SmartView automatic installation software, available for both Mac and PC users, installs directly from the modem on first insertion.
- Employs CDMA wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security.
- Simple Activation with just "one" more click after software installation.
- OS compatibility: Windows Vista/XP/2000; Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 or higher
- Easy installation with the software CD provided in the box.
- To improve signal strength, you can attach an external antenna, which is sold separately
Note: Users must activate this device on a Sprint account before inserting the device.